Signing Into a New Chapter

Back to Article
Back to Article

Signing Into a New Chapter

On the 31st of January, Senior Kylee Harman signed to go to Pratt Community College to continue her academic and volleyball career. At roughly 2:45 during XLB, Kylee Harman was surrounded by peers, friends, siblings, and parents/grandparents as the volleyball coach of Pratt walked in, ready to meet his new upcoming freshman. As the room fills with laughter and nerves, Kylee thanks everyone for being there for her and gets ready to sign a new chapter of her life.
“I was nervous and excited to sign. I felt a sense of relief knowing that I had come to a final decision. I’m excited to see what the future holds and to continue at Pratt!” Kylee said about how she felt during the signing. Kylee has been a big part of the Lady Indians volleyball program. Harman has earned Honorable Mention since her Sophomore year, 2nd Team her Junior year, and this year, Harman earned 1st Team. As a player, she has been everyone’s go-to when they need help or advice. She is a great leader and loves everything about the sport of volleyball. “I am ready to start and am excited for the experience the pace of playing college ball, even though I am still a little nervous going into this upcoming season, just because I don’t know anyone yet.” An athlete is able to adjust and move forward and just by playing and talking to Kylee, people can see this in her as a person.
When choosing a college to continue her career, Harman found Pratt to be the one for her. She states, “I chose Pratt because the coach was super nice and came seeking me. The program will be a great place for me and I feel like I will click easily with the girls and the campus.” Whenever people start looking at colleges, they start to get nervous, but this is why Kylee decided to pick a college that is still close to home. Harman has chosen to study Animal Science while she plays volleyball at Pratt Community College.
When asked about how she will feel when she leaves this place to continue her career, Kylee responded with, “I will miss the comfort of all my teammates and not being complete strangers around one another. Playing Bingo-Bango-Bongo on a Fun Friday and also our summer lock-ins will be something I will miss.” When looking back over her time, the student-athlete states that being vocal and helping pick up your teammates is one of the most important things you can do on the court. Harman states that what she has learned from being a Lady Indian was, ” To always play with HEART no matter what’s going on and to always fight through adversity.”
Walking out of your high school is always nerve racking but Kylee has a new chapter to start. She has been putting in her time for years and is ready to get to the place she has always dreamed of. Her teammates are proud of her and the person she has become. Congratulations to Kylee Harman for being a great example to the next generations of Lady Indians entering the volleyball program!