The Arrow

Working Juniors

Ashley Stimson

School alone can be a full time job but some Clearwater High School Juniors go to work after the eight hour school day. 18 out of the test 62 students have an after school job. 44 Juniors don’t have an after school job but of these people some participate in sports. Having an after school job can take away from a lot of things but there are many benefits to it as well. Time is taken away from homework,

About the Writer
Ashley Stimson, member

I am Ashley Stimson and I am a sophomore. I have been doing yearbook since 7th grade and I love taking pictures. Outside of school I enjoy going to the...

1 Comment

One Response to “Working Juniors”

1. John Jiler on December 19th, 2018 2:48 pm

THE NOTORIOUS NINETEEN
    Dear Editor;
    December is deepening, and seniors are thinking harder and harder about the next step. For many of us, your generation is the hope of the future. The Parkland high school shootings galvanized young people across the nation to passionately advocate for common sense gun laws. Now, as your attention turns to college, we want to turn our admiration into action.
    With the help of the Brady Center, the new Gabby Giffords consortium, Everytown for Gun Safety and the Columbia Scholastic Press Association, we’ve reached out to high school journalists across the country with our list of the NOTORIOUS NINETEEN—the states with dangerous, inadequate gun laws. Many of them condone the open carry of weapons on college campuses; others simply turn a blind eye to the potential for gun violence in their state. Our mission has been to make these places known to high school seniors. We’re encouraging them NOT to apply to college in…
    ALABAMA, ALASKA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, IDAHO, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NORTH DAKOTA, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS, UTAH, WEST VIRGINIA, or WYOMING.
    Sadly, your state is on this list. You’re no doubt very proud of the place you live, and you should be. But the gun violence epidemic in this country has taken too many lives, and things must change. You can be part of that change, by encouraging your elected officials and your families and your friends to think about some serious questions. Should teenagers be able to order AR-15s through the mail? Should people with a history of mental illness be allowed easy access to guns? If you feel the answer to these questions is “no,” we all have a lot of work to do!
    Thank you for considering the publication of this letter in your newspaper. Good luck with your own decision about college, and have a safe and prosperous senior year!
    Best,
    John Jiler,
    Coordinator,
    Committee for Scholastic Action On Guns

https://sites.google.com/site/committeescholasticactionguns/home?previewAsViewer=1

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of Clearwater High School
Working Juniors