The Arrow

Bump, Set, SPIKE!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bump, Set, SPIKE!

Laurel Streit

Each year, the men of the school play a game of volleyball against the other grades. Buff Puff is used to raise money for C-Club. Showing off their volleyball skills seems to be one of the CHS’ favorite traditions. This year, the CHS upperclassmen were struggling. Losing to the freshmen and sophomores was a bit unsettling to the juniors and seniors. Although the juniors and seniors weren’t happy, the freshmen and sophomores were ecstatic.

Wearing red, the freshmen killed it. The 9th graders beat the juniors in 3 sets with the freshmen winning the first, the juniors winning the second, and the freshmen coming back with a win in the third to take the whole game. The juniors in teal were not happy, but they were still good sports. Nobody thought the freshmen class would win, but they fooled the student section this year. The junior class got better as the game went on; if they would have practiced their volleyball skills, they might have beat the freshmen. The freshmen practiced twice.

After the freshmen/junior game, the sophomores played the seniors and blew them out of the water. The sophomores wearing old volleyball jerseys played the seniors wearing white. The 1oth graders didn’t even take the seniors to 3 sets, they just beat their seniors twice right off the bat. The seniors played a good game, but the sophomores played better. The seniors were disappointed because this is their last year to play against the other grades at CHS. Their coaches were Reagan Berlin and Kylee Harman. The sophomores were super excited beating the seniors. After their win, the sophomore’s confidence carried over to the Powder Puff game.